Make memories with James River Cellars!
Whether a wedding, rehearsal dinner, anniversary celebration, or company party, we'd love to be part of your special events! We are happy to accommodate private parties, fundraising events, and business meetings of any size. Rental pricing is based on the date selected and the size of your event. Please, feel free to contact us with any questions or for an estimate.
Tuscan-style Private tasting Room
The small banquet Room is an exclusive space overlooking the winery grounds. It is ideal for business meetings, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners, and corporate get-togethers . This lovely room can accommodate up to 40 people seated, or 50 people for cocktail style events.
• Monday through Thursday - Daytime Event - $200.00
• Monday through Thursday - Evening Event - $350.00
• Weekend Event (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) - $1,100.00
Outdoor Reception Tent
Our inviting patio area, located on our spacious back lawn, is covered by a 40 x 60 framed tent. The area is able to accommodate up to 125 people for dinner style or 175 guests for cocktail style events. This area is the perfect setting for wedding ceremonies, receptions, or any outside gatherings. Tent sides and propane heaters are available upon request for cooler weather.
• Up to 50 Guests - $1,500.00
• Up to 75 Guests - $2,000.00
• Up to 100 Guests - $ 2,500.00
• Up to 125 Guests - $3,000.00
• Over 125 guest – please ask for pricing
The Lawn is a beautifully landscaped area that is able to accommodate additional people outside of the tent. It is perfect for larger wedding receptions, fundraising events, reunions, etc.
• $25.00 per staff member, per hour: a minimum of 2 staff members are required for all events.
• additional staff members may be required for full bar service - one for every 25 guests.
• $500.00 flat fee (in addition to reception facility rental) *only available for up to 125 guests*
• Covers additional time and staffing for rehearsal on a date prior to the wedding, and for separate spaces for the wedding party to get ready.
To book an event we require a 40% non-refundable deposit, a signed contract, and a signed credit card authorization form for the $200.00 security deposit. The remainder of the facility rental fee and staffing charges are due 14 days prior to your event. Wines purchased for the event will be invoiced at the conclusion of the event and payment is due within 7 days. You will be responsible for clean-up, otherwise the security deposit will be forfeited.
If additional or alternative equipment is required, a list of rental companies can be recommended. Outside equipment set-up can be done during regular business hours and removal should be scheduled for the day following the event, unless otherwise specified.
James River Cellars does NOT have catering on site. You are welcome to bring in any licensed caterer of your choice. Beer may be brought onto the premises with the appropriate ABC license, obtained by you or your caterer; however, NO liquor or outside wines are permitted.
While facility rentals entitle you to exclusive use of the areas contractually booked for your event, the winery will remain open during regular business hours. The winery can be reserved exclusively for an event after 6pm.